- Phone: (805) 922-4778
- Fax: (805) 928-9811
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Monday||8:00 am - 4:30 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 4:30 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 4:30 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am - 4:30 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 3:00 pm|
Stacy L. Poole, DMD
Nipomo Orthodontics for the Entire Family
Are you in Nipomo, California and looking for a great orthodontist? Check out Dr. Stacy Poole! She and her cosmetic dentistry team provide outstanding care for kids and adults of all ages, whether for creating exceptional smiles or correcting unhealthy conditions. Everyone wants a warm and inviting smile for a boost in self esteem, and of course great health.
Dr. Stacy Poole
Stacy L. Poole DMD graduated with honors from the Medical College of Georgia with a Doctorate of Dental Medicine and a certificate of orthodontic residency. She’s also board-certified diplomate of American Board of Orthodontics and an active member American Association of Orthodontists and Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists. Her patients love her and her staff for their quality of care and willingness to go the extra mile, especially in working with kids. Our patients also appreciate the warm and relaxing atmosphere of our office.
Nipomo Orthodontic Exams
Beyond regular dental visits, our exams take an extra-close look at tooth and jaw conditions, and may include advanced x-rays and other painless procedures. Early detection and treatment often prevents later problems, avoiding jaw surgery for example. So rather than waiting until your children are in their teens we recommend an exam around age 7, shortly after their permanent teeth are in. And its never too late in life to get that beautiful smile you’ve always wanted. Or to be rid of jaw pain or difficulties biting and chewing. Orthodontic treatment also reduces the incidence gum and jaw conditions as well as tooth decay.
Braces and Alternatives
Today Nipomo residents have many choices for correcting misaligned teeth. After your exam, if you need braces we’ll discuss your treatment plan options and help you reach a decision. And there’s no rush — your comfort and health are our priorities. Here are a few things we might discuss.
- Invisalign® This new approach has been available since the year 2000. The Invisalign® system uses a series of custom made trays to gently move teeth into better positions. Made of clear epoxy (with no BPAs) they’re comfortable and rarely noticed. The trays are removable for eating and dental hygiene, and are worn 20 to 22 hours each day. You’ll get a new and slightly different tray about once every 2 weeks. The treatment period for most patients is 6 to 12 months, but complex conditions may require 18 to 24 months.
- Traditional metal braces still have their place. They remain the most effective treatment for conditions such as rotated or unusually crowded teeth, excessive spacing between teeth, and teeth of different heights. They’re also best for correcting over bite, under bite and cross bite. But don’t fret. Nowadays metal braces are smaller and have smoother edges so they’re more comfortable.
- Ceramic braces have attachments that are translucent or white, so they far less noticeable than metal but are just as effective. Unfortunately they’re more expensive.
- Lingual braces place the attachments and bands behind your teeth so they’re nearly invisible. But they’re also more expensive than regular braces.
Other Nipomo Orthodontic Services
Orthodontic surgery may be needed to correct certain conditions. It’s essentially jaw surgery and can relieve chronic pain and headaches as well as ward off loose teeth and even loosing teeth..
Custom night guards are used to treat bruxism, grinding your teeth in your sleep. Besides causing pain, soreness, and TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorders (TMD) bruxism can lead to one or more cracked or lost teeth.. So besides bringing welcome relief, early treatment can avoid root canals and crowns, dental implants, and bridges. Over the counter mouth guards are fine for sports, but a custom night guard provides the greatest comfort and protection.
The city takes it name from the Chumash Native American word for foot-of-the-hill. They occupied the area for at least 9,000 years. Rancho Nipomo was established in 1837 as a grant to William Dana, a sea captain from Boston. The Dana Adobe (built in 1839) established Nipomo first as a stage coach stop then as a depot for the Pacific Coast Railway (from 1882 into the 1930s). Not officially a city, the population was 16,714 according to the 2010 census. (Information from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/